If you never eat, you can never get fat...
This seems to be the thinking of the more traditional “calorie restrictive” dieting strategies of the past few decades, almost all of which emphasized either reducing your total calorie count or removing specific macronutrients from your diet altogether.
Of course, as we’ve learned, simply lowering your caloric intake or bluntly removing key essential macronutrients (i.e., protein, carbohydrates, fats) doesn’t work as a long-term weight management strategy.
There are a few reasons for this:
#1) Calorie Restriction is Difficult to Maintain
Nothing chips away at your motivation and willpower quite like being hungry all the time. This is why calorie restriction tends to go hand-in-hand with yo-yo dieting, which can be metabolically harmful in the long run.
#2) Macronutrient Restriction is Unhealthy
Diets that promote removing key macronutrients from the diet altogether can be irresponsible and dangerous, and they go against the time-tested conventional wisdom of seeking a complete whole-food diet. Achieving adequate macronutrient (and micronutrient) intake is key to sustaining a healthy metabolism.
#3) All the Cool Kids are into Intermittent Fasting (IF) Instead
You want to be cool, don’t you? Well, all the cool kids aren’t into calorie restriction anymore—they’re into intermittent fasting (IF), a dieting strategy that focuses more on when you eat, as opposed to what you eat.
Which sounds cool, but to fully understand the health and fitness advantages of intermittent fasting, as well as why you’ll want to take a fat burner stack like Burn Lab Pro® to mitigate the disadvantages of intermittent fasting, we’ll need to first breakdown how intermittent fasting even works.
As well as how fat burners work.
So, let’s just jump into it.
The Beginner’s Guide on Intermittent Fasting with a Fat Burner Supplement
As the name suggests, intermittent fasting (IF) is a dieting strategy that requires you to temporarily (intermittently) abstain from eating (fast) to essentially allow your body a moment to metabolically recalibrate and re-sharpen many of its bio-pathways.
Every intermittent fasting regimen alternates between two scheduled behaviors:
- Feeding: the time block during which you eat (feed)
- Fasting: the time block during which you abstain from eating (fast)
The idea with intermittent fasting isn’t necessarily to limit excess eating or change what you eat, but to simply prevent you from constantly eating.
Though the time blocks during which you feed and fast may vary from person to person in both timing and duration, the key point of IF is to reorient your eating habits to a more natural eating pattern...
...Because, after all, constant eating is not possible in wild nature, where food is much scarcer and harder to come by, and, thus, our bodies are not oriented towards constant eating.
The human body, primed for the wilderness, has certain physiological mechanisms that specifically trigger while fasting. One such mechanism being ketogenesis, which is essentially the use of stored fat as energy fuel.
This mainly explains why intermittent fasting is such a popular and (most importantly) effective fat loss strategy: without adjusting your daily calorie count, you can still prime your body’s metabolism with a well-timed intermittent fast to burn fat in the temporary absence of food fuel.
Which is, of course, easier said than done. After all, no one enjoys being hungry, especially when we have so much access to so many tasty foods.
However, taking an effective fat burner supplement can help you stay on track with your intermittent fasting goals—and feel good while pursuing them.
Later in this article, we’ll dive more into the fitness benefits of intermittent fasting, but first let’s briefly cover some of the best fat burners for intermittent fasting that you can buy.
The List of the Best Fat Burners for Intermittent Fasting
The best individual fat burner ingredients for intermittent fasting include:
- HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate) – a metabolite of L-leucine believed to promote and protect muscle performance during fasted exercise.
- Coleus Forskohlii Extract – a popular Ayurvedic herb for boosting cAMP activity for enhanced thermogenesis and anabolic muscle growth.
- Cayenne Pepper Extract – known as a food spice, cayenne pepper helps heighten calorie-burning during exercise and regulate appetite.
- Caffeine + L-Theanine – popular among nootropic users, the combination of caffeine + L-theanine helps spark thermogenesis and energy expenditure without the concomitant “jittery” side effects, thanks to L-theanine’s anxiolytic effect.
- Medium-Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil – a must-have for intermittent fasters and keto diets, given MCTs’ role in promoting ketosis and fueling brainpower in the absence of food fuel, namely glucose.
Individually, these fat burner ingredients work with intermittent fasting without breaking your fast. However, they work best when paired together with other effective thermogenic and ergogenic ingredients in a smart supplement stack.
The best all-in-one supplements for intermittent fasting include:
- Burn Lab Pro® – our stim-free fat burner formula designed to promote pre-workout thermogenesis and combat fasting-related muscle catabolism (breakdown) for optimal fasted training results.
- Performance Lab® Stim – the ideal “caffeine 2.0” pill that offers a modest, scalable dose of natural caffeine paired with stim-balancing L-theanine and brain-replenishing L-tyrosine and B vitamins.
- Performance Lab® MCT – a clean, pure medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil supplement supplying ketogenic C8 + C10 MCTs for fasting-friendly, fat-fueled brain energy and exercise endurance.
Though all of these supplement work especially great together, if you were to only take one of them to improve your intermittent fasting results, your best bet would be with...
Burn Lab Pro®: Specialist Fat Burner for Intermittent Fasting
Burn Lab Pro® is a stim-free fat burner formula designed to smartly burn fat and protect muscle growth without resorting to cheap stimulants and risky synthetics.
Taken before working out, Burn Lab Pro® can help you burn more fat and build more muscle than exercise alone, especially while intermittent fasting.
Burn Lab Pro® works by:
- Stimulating fat-burning enzymes and hormones for heightened breakdown of stored fat while exercising on an empty stomach
- Increasing energy expenditure for improved fat loss results and exercise endurance, which in turn provides greater calorie-burning opportunity.
- Protecting hard-working muscle tissue against the protein-damaging side effects associated with fasting.
- Balancing blood sugar and regulating appetite for greater control over excessive cravings and fat storage.
Delivered in unique NutriCaps® capsules, Burn Lab Pro's zero-calorie formula promotes fat-burning without breaking your fast—in fact, this fat burner may actually amplify your intermittent fasting results.
A good fat burner burns fat. But the best fat burners burn fat while preserving lean muscle growth for an all-around improved body composition.
Designed for both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, fasting or non-fasting, Burn Lab Pro® is the ideal fat burner for intermittent fasting; one that you can safely take daily for long-term health and fitness gains.
Keep reading to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of intermittent fasting, as well as how taking a fat burner can help you mitigate those disadvantages to better optimize your intermittent fasting results.
The Advantages + Disadvantages of Intermittent Fasting
As with everything, there’s a “good” side to intermittent fasting and there’s a “bad” side.
Fortunately, an effective fat burner supplement can help optimize your intermittent fasting to maximize the “good” while minimizing the “bad,” which are as follows:
The Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
The benefits of intermittent fasting apply to many bodily systems—virtually all of them, really—so to spend time on all of the benefits of intermittent fasting would take up an entire article in itself. Instead, here are the benefits of IF pertaining to fitness and fat loss:[10,11]
- Increased fat breakdown and mobilization
- Reduced blood insulin and sugar levels
- Improved relationship to food
- Enhanced mitochondrial health and energy output
- Short-term increase on growth hormone
When eating, insulin is released to manage the increase in blood sugar levels. However, too much insulin activity can be damaging to your insulin receptors, resulting in poor metabolic performance.
By refraining from constant eating, intermittent fasting gives your insulin receptors a break, allowing them time to re-sensitize, while also encouraging the breakdown and mobilization of stored fat and sugars for the purpose of ATP energy production.
The Problems with Intermittent Fasting
Aside from the scheduling problems many people run into with intermittent fasting, as their “fast” schedule conflicts with the eating habits of friends and families, the other problems that athletes and bodybuilders in particular run into include:
- Low Exercise Energy Levels: food fuels performance, and, yet, when you’re exercising on an empty stomach to increase fat burning, you risk impairing your exercise endurance—and, thus, your fat-burning capacity.
- Increased Muscle Catabolism (Breakdown): a common effect of fasting is muscle breakdown, as the body resorts to protein as a source of energy—this is especially pronounced in aerobic exercise, as demonstrated by the skin-and-bone frames of long-distance runners.
Ideally, if you’re eating enough during the “feed” portion and you’re exercising first thing in the morning, ending your early-morning workout and fast with a protein-rich breakfast, you can easily mitigate these problems. But this is, of course, easier said than done.
Question: Can I Work Out While Intermittent Fasting?
Exercise burns fat. Intermittent fasting burns fat. But is it actually safe to exercise while intermittent fasting? The answer: yes.
So long as you’re taking care of your caloric and nutrition intake during the “feed” portions of your intermittent fasting schedule, and so long as you’re timing your exercise appropriately in reference to your fast/feed schedule (with your fast ending with your early morning workout), exercise can actually work synergistically with intermittent fasting. This is especially the case when a fat burner supplement is involved to help minimize the downsides of intermittent fasting.
How a Fat Burner Can Help You Maximize Your Intermittent Fasting Results
Taking a fat burner while intermittent fasting, specifically while fasted training (exercising on an empty stomach), can help enhance the upsides of intermittent fasting while minimizing its downsides.
Simply put, a fat burner can help by:
- Increasing your ketogenic calorie-burning capacity
- Sparing muscle tissue from exercise- and fasting-related breakdown
Typically, these two fat burner benefits go hand-in-hand, with the acute promotion of energy expenditure fueling muscle performance and fitness. In other words, the thermogenic effects of an effective fat burner have ergogenic advantages.
Likewise, fat burners can help curb food cravings during the fast portion of your intermittent fasting schedule, helping you keep your eye on the prize.
The cumulative result: more fat loss and less muscle breakdown for an all-around leaner, meaner physique.
List of the Best Fat Burner Ingredients for Intermittent Fasting
Though there are plenty of combinations of fat burner ingredients that can take while intermittent fasting, the best fat burner ingredients for intermittent fasting include:
1) HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate)
One of the best fat burners specifically for training on an empty stomach, HMB (beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate) is a metabolite of L-leucine, the most anabolic of the three BCAAs, that promotes exercise-related fat burning while minimizing muscle catabolism.
A few of HMB’s bio-mechanism include:[12,13]
- Neutralizing muscle-damaging enzymes associated with fasting
- Maximizing oxygen consumption to boost muscle performance
- Increasing protein synthesis within the mTOR pathway
- Encouraging stored fat burning during calorie restriction
The combination of fat-burning + muscle-sparing benefits makes HMB a powerful bodybuilding tool for intermittent fasters. Or is it a powerful intermittent fasting tool for bodybuilders?
2) Coleus Forskohlii Extract (Forskolin)
Coleus forskohlii, an herb of the Ayurvedic health tradition, is the only natural source of forskolin, a bioactive herbal constituent known to boost cAMP activity. A signaling compound that promotes various bioactivities, cAMP assists with lean body composition by regulating:
- Metabolic energy expenditure (thermogenesis)
- Anabolic muscle growth
- Testosterone and thyroid hormone
- Lipolysis (fat breakdown) via protein kinase
Similar to HMB, Coleus forskohlii promotes a better body composition by simultaneously increasing fat burning and muscle growth, especially in conjunction with intermittent fasting.
Best Coleus Forskohlii for Intermittent Fasting: Forslean®
A popular fat burner brand in bodybuilding supplements, Forslean® is a potent Coleus forskohlii extract standardized to 10% forskolin using patented and research-backed nutrition technology. Forslean® was designed with the primary intent of naturally promoting lean body mass.
3) Cayenne Pepper Extract (Capsaicinoids)
A pro-catecholamine, yet non-stimulatory spice, Cayenne pepper essentially deliver the fat-burning advantages of stimulants minus the risky stimulation. Whereas stimulants promote catecholaminergic (e.g., norepinephrine, epinephrine) fat-burning while negatively impacting cardio health, cayenne pepper stimulates the adrenals to release norepinephrine and epinephrine without any jittery, heart-racing side effects.
The metabolic benefits of cayenne pepper’s bioactive capsaicinoids include: (1) enhanced calorie-burning during exercise, and (2) increased hormone sensitive lipase activity, which promotes lipolysis (fat breakdown), fat mobilization, and fat oxidation before and after exercise.
Best Cayenne Pepper Extract for Intermittent Fasting: Capsimax®
Standardized to 2% capsaicinoids, the “spicy” bioactive constituents of cayenne pepper, Capsimax® is the go-to chill pepper extract brand for fat-burning and appetite control. What’s more, Capsimax® uses buffered OmniBead™ microsphere technology to eliminate the gastric burning side effects associated with hot, spicy peppers.
4) Caffeine + L-Theanine
Though the fat-burning benefits of Caffeine + L-Theanine are largely attributed to caffeine’s stimulatory effects, stacking these two compounds may help you reap the thermogenic benefits of caffeine while minimizing its “jittery” side effects.
- Caffeine may help increase fat oxidation and reduce body fat through various metabolic pathways, including the suppression of appetite.
- L-Theanine is an anxiolytic amino acid sourced from green tea leaves that synergizes with caffeine for a smoother energy and focus jolt.
In other words, caffeine provides the fat loss benefits, whereas L-theanine helps protect (or, rather, enhance) cognitive performance against the stimulatory side effects of caffeine.
The Ultimate Caffeine 2.0 Supplement Stack
Most nootropic nerds are familiar with the cognitive enhancing benefits of caffeine + L-theanine, but few know about the benefits of caffeine + L-theanine + L-tyrosine. As a pro-catecholamine amino acid, L-tyrosine helps replenish brain levels of catecholamine neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine, that have been otherwise depleted by caffeine’s stimulatory bioactivities.
Read more on the Best Caffeine Pill Supplement Stack here.
5) Medium-Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil
As the healthy fats found in coconut oil, Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are uniquely beneficial to brainpower, particularly under conditions of “fasting.” Granted, while a literal fast would involve complete abstinence from all macronutrients, including beneficial fats like MCTs, the bio-benefits of MCTs perfectly match the goals of intermittent fasting and the keto diet.
This is because MCTs are direct precursors to ketones.
Absorbing as rapidly as glucose, MCT offers a fat fuel source that mimics carbohydrates without breaking the ketosis status of your fast. Converting in the liver to ketones, MCT oil promotes nutritional ketosis while optimizing mitochondrial energy production for enhanced brainpower and athletic performance.
Best MCT Oil for Intermittent Fasting: C8 (Caprylic) + C10 (Capric)
Altogether, there are four medium-chain triglycerides: C6 (caproic acid), C8 (caprylic acid), C10 (capric acid), and C12 (lauric acid). Of these four, the two best for intermittent fasting are:
- C8 – Caprylic Acid: the most keto-active MCT, caprylic acid (C8) is the most popular of the MCTs for intermittent fasting, the keto diet, bulletproof coffee, etc. Many MCT oil supplements only supply C8.
- C10 – Capric Acid: another keto-active MCT, capric acid (C10) is also uniquely beneficial due to this acid’s promotion and protection of brain mitochondria.
While many MCT oils mistakenly remove C10 to emphasize the keto benefits of C8, other inferior MCT supplements fail to remove C6 and C12, which generally lower the oil’s overall quality, edibility, and efficacy. For optimal keto energy and ATP energy enhancement, look for C8 + C10 at a 3:2 ratio.
The Best Supplements for Intermittent Fasting: Burn Lab Pro®+ Performance Lab®
Taking any of the aforementioned fat burner ingredients may help you maximize your intermittent fasting results, especially when paired with fasted training.
However, taking all of them—and then some—in a synergistic combo of supplements may help you take your fat burns and muscle gains to the next level.
In order of each analysis, the best supplements for intermittent fasting include:
- Performance Lab® SPORT Burn
- Performance Lab® Stim
- Performance Lab® MCT
Let’s start with the first supplement:
Top Fat Burner for Intermittent Fasting:
Burn Lab Pro®
Burn Lab Pro® is a powerful ultramodern fat burner that, unlike your typical diet pills, works without relying on excessive megadoses of caffeine or cheap artificial ingredients.
Everything in this formula is all-natural for all-natural fat burns and muscle protection, designed for the all-natural athlete and bodybuilder in mind.
Let’s take a closer look at the formula:
- Calcium, 175 mg
- NutriGenesis® GTF Chromium+, 60 mcg
- Forslean® (Coleus forskohlii), 250 mg
- HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate), 1000 mg
- Capsimax® Cayenne Pepper Extract, 50 mg
- BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract,5 mg
Mixing thermogenic herbal extracts with muscle-protecting metabolites, Burn Lab Pro® amplifies the best parts of intermittent fasting while minimizing its worst parts, namely the muscle breakdown effect of IF.
Exercising on an empty stomach is an effective strategy for burning calories fast …so long as you don’t burn out first.
While working out without food in your belly can encourage ketogenic fat burning, it can also make exercise very difficult and short-lived—so short, in fact, that your calorie burns actually suffer.
Enter: Burn Lab Pro®
Intended as a pre-workout supplement, Burn Lab Pro® ramps up your metabolic energy expenditure towards not only increased fat loss but enhanced exercise endurance and stamina as well. Likewise, Burn Lab Pro’s HMB protects muscle tissue against the muscle fatigue-inducing effects of fasting.
Which, in turn, allows your burn more calories at the gym by performing more reps, more sets, more laps—and so on—whether you’re exercising aerobically or anaerobically, fasted or non-fasted.
And Burn Lab Pro® does all this without resorting to any risky stimulants or synthetics. This even applies to Burn’s delivery system, which uses the clean, green NutriCaps®, a patented, prebiotic-infused capsule constructed out of fermented tapioca (pullulan).
All in all, Burn Lab Pro® is stim-free, synthetic-free, allergen-free, vegan-friendly, eco-friendly, non-GMO—just safe, all-natural fat burns.
Though taking the stim-free route to fat burning, Burn Lab Pro® pairs well with the next formula, Performance Lab® Stim, an optional “caffeine 2.0” add-on you can take as-needed for a performance-tuned dose of nootropic-enhanced mental stimulation.
Caffeine Pill for Intermittent Fasting:
Performance Lab® Stim
There are caffeine pills, and then there’s Performance Lab® Stim, the ultimate Caffeine 2.0 pill that augments the caffeine experience with nootropic (read: cognitive enhancing) amino acids and B-vitamins.
For enhanced mental or physical performance, Stim ramps up the power without the typical comedown and crash that comes with inferior stim stacks.
NutriGenesis® Caffeine Balance B-Complex
- Riboflavin+ (Vitamin B2), 500 mcg
- Vitamin B6+, 750 mcg
- Folate+ (Vitamin B9), 167 mcg DFE
- Vitamin B12+, 2 mcg
- Natural Caffeine (from Coffea robusta seeds), 50 mg
- Suntheanine® L-Theanine, 100 mg
- Ajipure® L-Tyrosine, 250 mg
With a modest dose of 50mg caffeine per pill, Performance Lab® Stim is uniquely scalable, allowing you to take one pill, two pills, or three pills, as needed.
Whereas other caffeine pills and pre-workout formulas tend to overdo it on the caffeine dosage, forcing you to take a brain-draining amount of caffeine per serving, Performance Lab® Stim supplies a modest amount of caffeine per pill giving you an option: take one pill for a healthy energy jolt or take several pills for a hefty energy boost.
Stim advances the typical caffeine pill formula with a two-stack formula design:
- Performance-Tuned Stimulation: the popular caffeine + L-theanine duo, a nootropic combo that produces superior and smoother stimulation than caffeine alone.
- Caffeine Balance and Recovery: L-tyrosine and B-vitamins to replenish the catecholamine levels lost to caffeine’s stimulatory and diuretic effects.
Stimulating the caffeine performance boost while counterbalancing the negative consequences of stim use, Performance Lab® Stim offers a caffeine pill like you’ve never taken before.
Likewise, Performance Lab® Stim works as an optional add-on with Burn Lab Pro's stim-free formula.
There’s no denying the thermogenic benefits of caffeine, especially when taken prior to exercise. However, this doesn’t mean that you want caffeine in your pre-workouts all the time, particularly when you’ve already enjoyed plenty enough morning coffee.
With that in mind, Performance Lab® Stim works as the perfect companion to SPORT Burn; a great stim stack for enhanced pre-workout performance and thermogenesis, as well as cognitive enhancement boosts for more academic and workplace tasks.
MCT Oil for Intermittent Fasting:
Performance Lab® MCT
Whether you’re intermittent fasting or keto dieting, medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil is a must-have supplement for sustaining heightened energy levels without caving into your carb cravings. And with a pure C8 + C10 MCT oil derived from 100% organic coconuts, Performance Lab® MCT is the best MCT oil you can take to improve your fasted training and intermittent fasting results.
Let’s take a closer look.
C8/C10 MCT Oil from 100% Organic Coconuts,2 g
- C8 – Caprylic Acid,1 g
- C10 – Capric Acid,1 g
Performance Lab® MCT helps sustain exercise endurance and fat loss under fasting conditions by encouraging the use of ketone “fat” fuel to energize performance in the absence of food fuel.
Low glucose fuel means low brain energy. And, likewise, low glucose fuel means low willpower, which is what you’ll need to get up early in the morning to bust out an intense workout before even touching your breakfast.
When glucose runs low due to intermittent fasting, issues with memory, mood, energy, clarity, and vitality arise, potentially disrupting your exercise flow.
However, thanks to Performance Lab® MCT’s fast-acting MCT brain fuel, these problems stop being problems, as Performance Lab® MCT supports heightened brain health and mental energy by:
- Rapidly metabolizing into ketones
- Promoting brain cell mitochondria
- Fueling production of ATP energy
Essentially, by quickly fueling brainpower with a substitute source of ATP-producing energy fuel, Performance Lab® MCT oil blocks the performance-impairing side effects of fasting while promoting the fat loss advantages of fasted training.
What’s more, when stacked with other supplements, MCT oil, as a “fatty” supplement, may help with the absorption and bioavailability of fat-soluble supplement ingredients, basically making your other health and fitness supplements more effective.
This makes Performance Lab® MCT a smart choice not only for intermittent fasting but as a “synergy” companion to your other intermittent fasting supplements.
Get the Best Deal on Performance Lab® MCT Here.
Increased fat loss, decreased muscle breakdown—these are the key advantages of taking Burn Lab Pro® & Performance Lab® supplements with intermittent fasting, in addition to the benefits of increased athletic performance, energy, vitality, and much, much more.
Alone, intermittent fasting can work incredibly well at improving your metabolic fitness and overall body composition. Yet, as you’ll likely immediately realize on your first “fast,” sticking to a consistent intermittent fasting schedule can also be incredibly difficult, especially as the “hanger” and carb cravings kick in.
Curbing your carb cravings and maximizing your energy expenditure, Burn Lab Pro® works particularly well on the weight management end of intermittent fasting.
Combined with Performance Lab® Stim, the thermogenic “Caffeine 2.0” pill, and Performance Lab® MCT, the clean, ketogenic medium-chain triglyceride oil, Burn keeps your hungry body energized and well-fueled enough for you to kick ass in the gym.
Burn Lab Pro® + Stim + MCT encompasses the best supplements for enhanced metabolic performance, let alone the best fat burners for intermittent fasting.
Individually, each Performance Lab® supplement can help you take your intermittent fasting game to the next level...
...But, altogether, these formulas synergize to transform your body into a well-oiled, fat-burning, muscle-building machine.
To get the most out of intermittent fasting, take Burn Lab Pro® as part of your fasted training regimen.
- Rhee EJ. Weight Cycling and Its Cardiometabolic Impact. J Obes Metab Syndr. 2017 Dec; 26(4): 237-242.
- Nauta K et al. Malnutrition Due to an Extremely ‘Healthy’ Diet; A New Eating Disorder? Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2016; 160: A9164.
- Ganesan K et al. Intermittent Fasting: The Choice for a Healthier Lifestyle. Cureus. 2018 Jul; 10(7): e2947.
- Foster DW. Studies in the Ketosis of Fasting. J Clin Invest. 1967 Aug; 46(8): 1283-1296.
- Holeček M. Beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate supplementation and skeletal muscle in healthy and muscle-wasting conditions. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2017 Aug; 8(4): 529-541.
- Pateraki I et al. Total biosynthesis of the cyclic AMP booster forskolin from Coleus forskohlii. eLife. 2017; 6: e23001.
- Zheng J et al. Dietary capsaicin and its anti-obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications. Biosci Rep. 2017 Jun 30; 37(3): BSR20170286.
- Haskell CF et al. The Effects of L-theanine, Caffeine and Their Combination on Cognition and Mood. Biol Psychol. 2008 Feb; 77(2): 113-22.
- St-Onge MP, Bosarge A. Weight-loss diet that includes consumption of medium-chain triacylglycerol oil leads to a greater rate of weight and fat mass loss than does olive oil. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Mar; 87(3): 621-626.
- Cho Y et al. The Effectiveness of Intermittent Fasting to Reduce Body Mass Index and Glucose Metabolism: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Clin Med. 2019 Oct; 8(10): 1645.
- Ho KY et al. Fasting enhances growth hormone secretion and amplifies the complex rhythms of growth hormone secretion in man. J Clin Invest. 1988 Apr; 81(4): 968-975.
- Kaczka P et al. Mechanism of Action and the Effect of Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB) Supplementation on Different Types of Physical Performance – A Systematic Review. J Hum Kinet. 2019 Aug; 68: 211-222.
- Wilson GJ et al. Effects of beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) on exercise performance and body composition across varying levels of age, sex, and training experience: A review. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008; 5: 1.
- Loftus HL et al. Coleus forskohlii Extract Supplementation in Conjunction with a Hypocaloric Diet Reduces the Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome in Overweight and Obese Subjects: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2015 Nov; 7(11): 9508-9522.
- Janssens PLHR et al. Acute Effects of Capsaicin on Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation in Negative Energy Balance. PLoS One. 2013; 8(7): e67786.
- McCarty MF et al. Capsaicin may have important potential for promoting vascular and metabolic health. Open Heart. 2015; 2(1): e000262.
- Acheson KJ et al. Caffeine and Coffee: Their Influence on Metabolic Rate and Substrate Utilization in Normal Weight and Obese Individuals. Am J Clin Nutr. 1980 May; 33(5): 989-97.
- Owen G et al. The Combined Effects of L-theanine and Caffeine on Cognitive Performance and Mood. Nutr Neurosci. 2008 Aug; 11(4): 193-8.